Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mould exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
There is no practical way to eliminate all mould and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mould growth is to control moisture.
If mould is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mould and eliminate sources of moisture.
Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mould growth.
Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mould growth by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mould growth.
Clean mold off hard surfaces with anti -mould solution, and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling tiles, that are moldy, may need to be replaced.
Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation. You can make a call to the roofing contractors Mobile AL to do all the roof repairs and installation.
In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
Moulds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.