The dangers of DIY mould removal
Through professional mold inspections, you will have a clear picture of how severe the mold growth in your home is. If you have a small area of mould (under one square metre) and the mould is growing on easy-to-clean surfaces like glass, metal, tiles, or sinks, then DIY spot removal can be a good solution. But if your mould is systemic, in a large concentrated area and growing on hard-to-clean materials, it’s better to call in a mold remediation professional.
Doing a mold remediation yourself is probably not such a good idea if:
- There is mould in your heating, ventilation, or air conditioning systems (most homeowners have neither the knowledge nor the equipment needed to properly remove mould from their HVAC systems) in this case, it would be better to just get help at https://www.airandenergy.biz/air-conditioning-repair/
- You have a medical condition that might be made worse by increased exposure to mould, such as asthma, environmental allergies, or an immune system disorder.
- You are already experiencing symptoms of mould-related illness.
Some home owners use bleach for Mould removal DIY projects. Unfortunately, using bleach is only effective if the mould is growing on non-porous materials such as tiles, bathtubs or glass, but if you’re really interested in improving the cleaning of your house, using services as Cleaning Solutions online, which is the best option for this.
Bleach cannot penetrate into porous materials. It does not come into contact with mould growing beneath the surface of materials, such as mould in your interior walls. Bleach will kill the mould above the surface, but the roots within the material will remain and the mould will soon return.
Bleach is also highly toxic. Inhaling bleach fumes is harmful to humans and pets.
If you want to spot-remove mould from your home, we recommend you use a white vinegar solution. This will kill surface mould without the toxic side-effects of bleach.