Mold in the Walls of Your House


Mold is a form of fungus that can easily grow on the walls of your home, if given the right conditions. Molds thrive on cellulose based material such as wooden on cupboards, wall paper, and other organic materials. Molds also require warm, dark conditions. It is imperative that you get rid of molds for the sake of your health.

Molds in the interior walls of your home are hazardous to your health, especially if you have children. This is because the fungi produce airborne mycotoxins that can be inhaled. These mycotoxins hamper the function of your immune system. When fungi multiply, they release spores which can cause allergies. They can also lodge in the respiratory system, further disrupting the immune system from working at its best. The longer your walls are exposed to mold, the more adverse the effects. You must get rid of mold as soon as it begins to appear on your walls. Many children with asthma are extremely sensitive to mold. Ridding the house of mold can greatly decrease a child’s use of an inhaler. It is also suggested by the experts to paint your home annually to avoid worse case scenarios for molds to infect your house. You might want to visit this website that can help you opt with it.

To keep your home clean and keep your infants healthy availing renovation services is the one stop solution.My House Painter is one of the best services to work on your customized ideas you can also avail their services by contacting them.

When getting rid of mold from your walls, make sure you clean your upholstery and carpets thoroughly as well. This is because these furnishings often contain a lot of dust and other organic matter such as dead skin that could serve as nutrients for the mold to spread.

If the mold in your house is extensive (i.e. it’s not just a small patch), it may be advisable to move out of the house temporarily. If that is not possible, you should try to avoid being in the affected room.

Usually in situation where the home has previously been flooded, there has been a leakage, or where the air is humid, mold will thrive. The solution for this is to dry out the home as fast as possible and allowing as much air in the house as possible. During the day, it may be wise to take down curtains and blinds to make sure the affected areas receive as much sunlight as possible.

Another solution, and probably the fastest and safest solution (especially if the problem is extensive), is to call in a professional. There should be may options for you in the Yellow pages under Fire And Water Damage Restoration. Time is of the essence when it comes to contents restoration so don’t hesitate to call Premiere Restoration as soon as you can. If you choose to do the job yourself make sure you:

1. Wear protective gear i.e. gloves, long sleeved top, and a mask over your mouth.

2. Move your furniture out of the room and place it near the outdoor lounges

3. Move all food out of the room and cover it up

4. Throw away all material that you use during the cleaning process.

Most people ignore molds on their walls even though they may know what there is a risk. The sad thing is that there is no way to know how much health damage mycotoxins have caused until it is too late. Mycotoxins have been linked to cancer, heart disease, chronic fatigue, lupus and a whole spectrum of other diseases. So it is imperative that you get rid of the mold on the walls of your house.


Source by G. Crandall